The ErgoCAT online evaluation tool is the first step when improving the ergonomics of your computer workstation; however, additional help may be necessary to ensure prevention of repetitive motion injuries. Coupled with a workstation evaluation, ErgoCAT is very effective at identifying high risk factors and corresponding corrective actions.
After making the recommended adjustments, if you are still experiencing frequent discomfort or require assistance in making changes based on the ErgoCAT recommendations, please contact our office to request a workstation ergonomic evaluation.
To request an ergonomics evaluation, please follow the instructions below. If you have taken an evaluation within the past two years, please email us using the email address below to request a review of your evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 209-228-ERGO.
Procedure for requesting an in-person/Zoom workstation ergonomic evaluation
- Complete the online workspace evaluation, ErgoCAT (instructions below).
- Our office receives the results of your evaluation.
- We will contact you to schedule an in-person workspace evaluation if you scored moderate or high risk on the online ErgoCAT evaluation.
- Be Smart About Safety Vouchers to assist in the cost of ergonomic equipment are only provided after the online ergonomic evaluation tool has been fully utilized and is reviewed by a member of the ergonomics team.
How To Access ErgoCat - the online Ergonomics Evaluation tool
- Click here to be redirected to the UC Learning Center.
- Login using your UCM NetID and password.
- In the Search box, search for either Ergonomics for Computer Users (on-site workstations) or Healthy Working @ Home (Remote workstations)
- In the upper right-hand corner, locate and click the START button.
- ErgoCat through the Healthy Working Program will launch. Please complete:
- Your Profile
- Risk Assessment
- My Healthy Working Plan