The ErgoCAT team focuses on preventing employee injuries caused by overuse and poor positioning of work equipment. To do so, we have partnered with the Be Smart About Safety Foundation, which helps us provide staff and faculty with in-person ergonomic evaluations and vouchers to purchase recommended equipment. Even though some of these resources are only for staff and faculty, we encourage undergraduate and graduate students to take the RSS ergonomic self-assessment, which will give you a unique report and trainings to help you adjust your workspace to your body to reduce and prevent any pains.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 209-500-9301.
How To Access the RSS Ergonomic Self-Assessment (Everyone)
1. Click here to be redirected to Risk and Safety Solutions.
2. Log in using your UCM email.
3. On the right corner, click the button like the figure below:
4. Then, fully complete the assessment until it gives you your risk reports.
Procedure for requesting an in-person workstation ergonomic evaluation. (Only For Staff and Faculty)
1. Complete the online RSS Ergonomic Self-Assessment
2. Submit the following form
3. The ErgoCat team will then reach out to schedule an appointment.
4. After conducting the in-person evaluation, we will review your report and help you get a $450 Be Smart About Safety Voucher to assist with the cost of any recommended ergonomic equipment.
Try it before you purchase it book time in our ergo lab, where you can come and try different types of chairs, mice, keyboards, and other ergonomic equipment.