Submitted by aswann on Jul. 29, 2020
There are unique challenges in maintaining physical distancing inside elevators due to their relatively small size and limited ventilation.
- Per the CDC recommendations, riders must maintain 6 feet of spacing inside elevators, even when wearing face coverings
- Most UCM elevators can transport between 2 to 4 people at a time, depending on the size of the elevator, while maintaining 6 feet of physical distancing between riders
- Follow posted elevator occupancy signage (when applicable)
- Please be aware of persons with disabilities when using elevators and make space so that they can use the elevator when needed
- Always practice social distancing when waiting in line for an elevator or entering/exiting an elevator