Fire extinguishers are located in all university buildings. You must be educated in the proper use before attempting to fight a fire.
In case of fire:
- Activate the alarm and notify university police before you attempt to extinguish the fire.
- Never fight a fire alone — use the buddy system — and keep yourself between the fire and the exit.
- Use the proper extinguisher.
- Remember your ABCs:
- Type A: ordinary combustibles — wood, paper, cloth
- Type B: flammable liquids — gasoline, oil, grease
- Type C: electrical — appliances, computers, circuit breakers
- Type D: combustible metals — sodium, magnesium
- Pull the pin to unlock the lever
- Aim at the base of the fire
- Squeeze the lever to discharge the extinguishing agent
- Sweep from side to side, carefully moving toward the fire until all the flames appear to be extinguished.