*Breaking News* Four in-person Biosafety training courses added for Fall Semester!
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2PM-4PM, Facilities B Conference Room
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2PM-4PM, Facilities B Conference Room
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10AM-12PM, Facilities B Conference Room
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1PM-3PM, Facilities B Conference Room
In addition to the basic laboratory training courses (Lab Safety Fundamentlas, HazMat Spill Response and DOT Awareness, and Fire Safety Training) personnel working with biological materials might need to take one or more of the following online courses. Training requirements are determined by risk assessment by the biosafety staff.
- Biosafety- must successfully complete refresher training every three years;
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)- if a researcher works with blood and/or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM; human/primate material) as part of their job duties, they must successfully complete refresher training annually.
- Recombinant Nucleic Acid- if a reaseacher works with recombinant nucleic acids, the must successfully complete refresher training every three years.
- IATA Biological Dangerous Good Shipping- All research personnel who plan to ship biological dangerous good/s must take this course before shipping, with successful completion of refresher training every two years.
To learn how to register for all applicable trainings, please see the following links: