I'm a new lab member. How do I obtain PPE?
Each new lab member must follow the process outlined below to obtain free PPE through UC Merced's PPE store.
The process begins with the principal investigator (PI) adding the new lab member to the lab group using the online Laboratory Hazard Assessment Tool (LHAT). The LHAT is designed to aid in the identification of hazards specific to each lab and make suggestions regarding the types of PPE required to mitigate the identified hazards. After a new lab member is entered into the LHAT system, he or she must do the following.
- Login to LHAT and review the hazard assessment.
- Complete the online training through LHAT, including a short quiz.
- Visit EH&S in Facilities B building during the PPE store hours.
What are the PPE store hours Spring 2020?
- Monday - by appointment only
- Tuesday 10am-1pm
- Wednesday 2pm-4pm
- Thursday 10am-12pm
- Friday- by appointment only
If you are unable to be fitted for PPE during store hours, please contact EH&S via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 209-228-2773 to schedule an appointment.