Possession, use, and manufacture of controlled substances are regulated by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) through the Controlled Substances Act.
- List of controlled substances from the DEA
- List of precursor chemicals the California Department of Justice (DOJ)
If your work requires controlled substances:
- Submit a Controlled Substances Use Authorization Application (CSUA) to email@example.com.
- If you need to renew or amend your CSUA, please use this form. CSUA must be renewed annually
- Each person with access must complete the DEA personnel with access form and have a live scan completed (by appointment).
- Read and comply with the Controlled Substance Program Procedures and BUS-50, including record keeping and storage requirements.
- Each person with access must take controlled-substances training.
Steps to ordering precursors DEA List 1:
- Intended Use Letter may be required by vendor
- Must clearly list each chemical ordered and its intended use.
- A new letter is required for each order placed.
- Letter must be signed by the PI.
- Must be on UCM letterhead
- 21 day hold may be required by vendor
- Clock starts when vendor receives ALL required documents.
- This MANDATORY requirement is imposed by the CA DOJ. UCM has no control over